Wednesday, January 15, 2014

treasures of darkness...

 
Posted by Picasa

Along the journey of life there are treasures in darkness and there are riches to be gleaned.  Late one night back in November I was feeling like there was very little light in my life. I was grieving over some personal losses, feeling like there was not much hope, and was unable to sleep. God spoke to me in the midst of my sorrow and out of that darkness came the treasure of a song.

I made a recording that night so that I would not forget the tune. And then I got a little bolder and sent that rough recording to a music producer for Roots and Honor Records here in Belize. Tom and I met with him a few days later and during that meeting the producer, Mervin, encouraged and challenged me to write more songs.  We met again last week and I sang him several of the songs that I've written over the past few months.  It was nerve-wracking and exhilarating at the same time to sit there, vulnerable, just my voice and my words, baring my soul before the people in the room. However, I am thrilled to be able to say that we will begin working on my first CD in February!  

My precious daughter-in-love sent me the above verse after she heard that my word for this year is Hard.  I am so grateful for the prayers and encouragement to look for the treasures inside the challenges of life that I face.  It is because of this verse that I can look back at November and see that out of a very rough patch came the beginning of the realization of  lifelong dream.  I started singing in church when I was 10 years old.  I've been performing for 40 years. After experiencing the absolute joy of singing at Spencer and Meesha's wedding reception I knew that I wanted to do more with music while I still have a voice left to sing with.  I am so grateful for all that brought me to this point.  

Do you want to know the title of the song I wrote that dark night in November?  It's called 'He's Still There'. And let me tell you...He is still here, right beside me, guiding me every step of the way!


2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you! God bless you as you follow your dream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your encouragement!!

      Delete