Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Bloom where you're planted!


As I was pulling into our driveway this little flower caught my eye. Tucked into the rocks but still growing. What a metaphor for life. The setting for this flower is not ideal and yet it is blooming. Have you ever been in a tough spot like this before? I know I have. And somehow, some way, in His timing, by His grace, and in His strength, we survive. This is the secret Paul talks about in Philippians 4. And like Paul we can learn to thrive under less than perfect conditions through the lessons God provides. We find a way to adapt to our environment and we move forward.

Next time I'm feeling like I'm in a jam I will think of this flower and use it as inspiration to bloom!

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful picture ... beautiful truth.

    Fondly,
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the grace of God we can get through anything really... Though sometimes a bit hard, hey ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've missed your inspirations... This is so powerful!

    ReplyDelete